Monday, January 30, 2012

I RUN THIS TOWN


I had to start running.

It was only a couple months after moving to LA
that I realized it had to be done.

In New York I was always walking.
Always climbing stairs.
Always rockin' the sidewalk turbo-style
alongside my fellow New Yorkers.

In Los Angeles I was in a car.
And I totally felt myself turning to oatmeal.

So I started running.

Now I've always liked running.
Although I DID once draw myself giving a rude gesture
to my college lacrosse coach
with a word balloon stating
"I will never run for you ever again"
when I graduated.
But aside from that.
I like running.

It was pretty hard to start again.
I took it slow at first
(and still ended up spraining a hip)
but eventually worked my way to
getting up at 6am every morning,
walking a mile to the local park,
running two miles on the path,
walking back a mile,
and getting home just in time
to feed the wolves before school.

I've been doing that over two years now.
And it'a a good feeling.
I get a lot of thinking done on those outings, too.
(It helps that I'm a morning person)

So last weekend I decided to run my first 5k.


It was kind of a no-brainer.

I like running.
I like hockey.
and
I like good causes.

And it wasn't like I had to train.
I run every day.
So 5k is easy.
(that's 3.2 miles to you non-metric folk)

And I had a lot of fun doing it.
Even thought it rained
THE WHOLE TIME.


Yuck.

Still... I came in 7th in my age group with 23 minutes and 52 seconds:


And 115th out of 690 overall:


I'll take that.

Now on to the New York City Marathon!

LOL jk
No thank you.

I'll stick to a 5 or 10k.

2 comments:

brianna14 said...

Gotta love living in LA. I know I do! :D

Bouncer15111 said...

do you have the 3ds yet? i do and punch time explosion is awesome in the XL version the are two X-tra Sooper cool KND things. moonbase arena and toletnator. plus numbuh four is now an assist along with numbuh 2 and stickybeard. yopu would not belive how many things have the red underline right now.