Sunday, July 24, 2011

2011 COMIC CON RE-CAP


Well, there's nothing like celebrating your birthday with
10,000+ fellow nerds is there?

Yup, another Con down and now I've got a year to recover!
I'm gonna need it.

3 solid days of walking 'the floor'...
walking 'round town...
standing 'round talkin'...
walkin' and talkin'...
talkin' and walkin'...
with Christopher Walken.
(not really)

But I loves it.


I love the energy of the whole thing.
I love the discovery.
I love the weirdness.
And I especially love hanging out with old friends and new!

But there's just TOO MUCH to tell you about.
So I'll break it up into a couple specific posts.

In the meantime I'll tell you some of my favorite things
I done and saw this year:

• I took pictures of awesome costumes:






• I took pictures of EVERYTHING in the Lego booth for my little dudes:






• I made a Yu-Gi-Oh card:



• I got to talk to Conan O'Brien in the Warner Brothers booth!
I told him that I helped animate his first show opening and he rattled off the year and the studio!
Sooper nice guy. And very tall.

• I took LOTS of pictures of Fish Hooks creator Noah Z. Jones doing silly things:






• And you KNOW I got me some pretty drawings!

But I'll save them for the next post!

10 comments:

Drury said...

You see a big pile of legos.

I see a big pile of gold.

Which is more expensive?

...

Thanks Notch for Minecraft.

And Garry for his 2x4 tech sim.

Bouncer15111 said...

PICTURES ON YOUR E-MAIL LOOK AT NOW OR ELSE I'LL DANCE

Mariana =] said...

Happy Birthday Mr. Warburton! =D
It's a little late because i was travelling ^^
*cof**cof* and because I didn't know when was your birthday *cof**cof*
Anyway, I wish I could go to a Comic Con it seems that you had a great time =]

brianna14 said...

MONKEY D LUFFY!!!!! NO WAYS! i know i've seen plenty of him in my my day :D
you should go to the anime expo Mr. Warburton.
i wish i could have gone to Comic Con. don't worry, i'll be there next year!!

brianna14 said...

oh yea...AWESOME YU GI OH CARD!! xD

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Mr. Warburton!

Jabril Mack said...

I missed the Con this year. But I'm loving reading about everyones time on the web! high five Internet!

Lily said...

I so wanna get there someday...*sigh*.
Oh, yeah...AWESOME yu-gi-oh card!

Lily said...

@brianna - this is really awkward, because I realized my comment was almost identical to yours only after i published it. facepalm.

brianna14 said...

@ Lily
its cool! great minds think alike :)