Monday, February 16, 2009

ROCKIN' THE TRIANON!



So my chat with Mr. David Levy at this year's Kidscreen Summit went off without a hitch. I'm particularly proud of the fact that out of all the appearances I've done- at schools, auctions, conventions, game releases, etc there have been absolutely NO injuries. There's something to be said for that, although I'm not sure what.

And we got a pretty nice turnout for this one, although the grand ballroom we were in made it feel a tad small. We showed a clip from the KND finale and then Mr. Levy slapped me with the usual hard-hitting questions about how I got started in the business, how I go about the creative process, managing a show, pitching, dealing with rejection, etc. The great thing about being interviewed about yourself is that, in general, you know all the answers. Or at least most of them.

Thanks to all those that came and hung out afterwards to say 'hey'! It's always appreciated!

You can read some more about the interview at Mr. Levy's blog HERE as well as his experiences in the wilds of Kidscreen!

In publishing news... rumour has it that the first copies of my first book, 1000 Times NO have hit the offices of Harpercollins! I'll be sure to post pics when I get a copy!

1 comment:

Angela Entzminger said...

Hey Tom,

read Dave's review of KidScreen and it sounded like you two had a blast. Glad you had fun, that no one lost an eye and looking forward to reading your book!